Friday, January 23, 2009

Nothin' Much


So not much is going on. We've just been working and keeping busy. Jacob has had "yard days" fortunately the last two weekends, so that means he actually gets home earlier in the evening and I've been able to go to lunch with him. I get to see him for slightly longer in the day until he passes out on the couch. I would too though if I worked the kind of hours he does and had to get up at the insane hours that I consider "deep sleep hours only".

I felt like such a "mom" last night...Laney and P.J. were chewing up and destroying one of their toys and apparently Laney ate some of the toy snake because I woke up to her throwing up at 4:30am. I had to get up and clean up the stinky throw up and then both girls decided it was time to go potty. Then at 5:30 I woke up again to Laney throwing up the rest of the toy scraps. I put her blanket in the washer and went back to bed for an hour until the alarm went off. I guess this or probably worse is what I have to look forward to one day.

I've had this darn sore throat on & off for the past few weeks. It sure is annoying. I'm wondering if it has to do with the bad air quality....just a thought. I have been trying to be better about exercising this past week. I did pretty well considering I worked all week. My only problem is that when I workout, I seem to crave junk the next day or few days. Or maybe it is just stress that triggers those cravings. Well whatever it is, I need to get it in check. I did one of my Jillian Michaels DVD's the other night and the DVD might be short, but boy does that woman work you out good! I usually feel sick when I'm doing the cool down portion. I figure if she trains all of those out of shape people on the biggest loser for hours a day, then I better darn well keep up in a 20-30 minute DVD!

No comments: