Sunday, December 28, 2008

2008, going, going, gone.....


Wow, I cannot believe another year is just about over! I don't know where time goes these days. I remember being a kid and time would go so slow and now the time just flies by faster and faster.

2008 in my opinion has been the hardest year of my life. From tough times at home, to my sister getting brain surgery, to my husband and my brother-in-law changing their careers due to the struggling economy, to moving back to Vernal just marks some of the things my family has been through this year. I know compared to a lot of people this is nothing, but we are all dealt our each and own trial for a reason. I am grateful we have been there for each other and battled through. I know I never say it enough, but I love my family so very much.

On a ligheter note, I got to do so many thing this year that I never have before. To name a few I: hiked up to Timpanogos Cave, went jet skiing on Utah Lake, went boating, saw dolphins in the ocean, saw what a hurricane does to the ocean, went to Kennecott, went to a cool indoor Aquarium, went to Seven Peaks, drove a 4 Wheeler, went camping, and most of all....I got to do it all with those I love.

As I look to the year ahead, I hope that Vernal suits us and we enjoy living here. I hope to be able to travel some and of course make our annual trip to Florida to visit Jacob's family. I am already excited about going to Vegas to the Jewel concert in March. I plan on starting school again in time for the summer semester. I am going to get the rest of my general education courses finished and see where that takes me; my employer will even pay a portion of tuition if the classes pertain to my job, bonus! May 2009 be a great year. Happy New Year!

No comments: