We went to the Olympic Park in Park City last weekend. Jacob got a new job with Xactware and his company was having a party up there for employees and their families. We, of course, forgot the camera! We never get pictures...so sorry it's just a boring blog!
I am a scaredy cat when it comes to rides or heights, so I wasn't the most adventerous person. When we first got there, Jacob rode up the tram and took the zipline down while I observed from the safety of the ground. Jacob wanted me to go up the tram to ride the bobsled ride down. I asked him to go do it one time by himself to make sure I could have open toe shoes & to make sure it wasn't way scary. I decided I would walk over to where I thought the bobsled ride should end. Well that was some walk! I didn't know it was going to be that long or that I was climbing the mountain on a paved path! I had convinced myself by the time I was nearing the top that I was going to ride the bobsled down regardless just so I didn't have to walk that long walk back down. When I reached the top (which is where the ride starts) Jacob was next in line to go. He was quite surprised to see me at the top. He went down the ride while I went and watched the instructional video and signed a release waiver. When Jacob got back to the top, I was really nervous about going because he was a little wide eye and said how it was a rough ride. I sucked it up though and still went! It was a rough ride, my head kept bouncing around and hitting the side of the sled (thank goodness for the helmet). It was fun & definitely different; I'm glad I did it. Jacob wanted me to ride the zipline down, but I had sandals on, so I couldn't, so we rode the tram down. We didn't go on anymore rides, because the lines were so long from all of the people there.
We ate dinner there too; the company had it catered. It was pretty good, I was hungry after my long walk. After dinner, there was an aerial show where the ski jumpers go off the jumps into the pool. That was cool. We stayed overnight and our hotel was nice too. It was a nice little outing that wasn't too far from home.
WEEK 80: LAST EMAIL!!!
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment